The lines between fashion and sport have been blurry for a long time. This trend, however easy to follow, comes with some fashion faux pas to watch out for! Here are some tips to help you get ready, steady athleisure wear go…
This summer season you’ll find mesh fabrics as a key look, especially in short sleeve jumpers, t-shirts, and even dresses. Sneakers ground the athleisure look with attitude, edge, and street style. Go for summer brights and rainbow shades, fun prints like palm trees and tropical fruits, interesting soles, classic sporty styles, and don’t forget key elements of white for a crisp, minimal statement.
- Keep up with the seasonal trends: Trending for some time has been the all-black look. Now there is a trend of printed leggings and bright colours. If you’ve never tried this before then we suggest you start with a black and white print and, when you are comfortable, then move into more bolder, brighter prints
- Invest in items that suit functionality and fashion: Ensure fabrics aren’t too thin / too see-through, they must be functional, odour-resistant and quick drying. On the radar are leggings with leather knee patches or geometric mesh cutouts, sexy sports bras, figure-flattering track jackets and surprisingly-chic sporty dress
- Dress for the occasion: While the acceptance of athleisure wear is becoming more and more appropriate there are times when it is not the right occasion to wear your athleisure wear. Be mindful of where you will be and if your attire is appropriate
- Accessorise with something sporty: A pair of stylish sunglasses, a checked shirt or denim jacket wrapped around the waist will all take your outfit from a workout to the workplace
- Don’t forget athleisure hair and makeup: Yes, hair and makeup are equally important to complete this active look. Keep makeup simple and natural. And for hair – the effortless high ponytail or messy bun wins again!
This article was brought to you by Chata Romano Image Consultant Wendy Hind